Langdon Contractors has been listed as a State finalist in the Civil Contractors Federation Earth Awards.
Our presentation was for a recently completed project on the Lake Nagambie Foreshore for the Strathbogie Shire Council.
The project involved substantial earth works, construction of rock filled gabion basket retaining walls and substantial landscaping.
Eligible projects are judged on a range of criteria under the following sections.
- Construction excellence and industry best practise.
- Innovation in concept and implementation.
- Interface withother project parties.
- Technical complexity.
Environmental and Social Management
- Management of Environmental Constraints & Enhancement.
- Resource recycling.
- Improvement in environmental amenity.
- Community consultation, Interface and benefits.
- Project planning and manangement.
- Quality control and OHS.
- Workplace training.
- Achieving timing and budget targets.
Well done to the Langdon crew that bought this project in, good luck at the final awards dinner.
If you'd like to see more, images of the Lake Nagambie project are available in our gallery and featured on the home page.